Join us October 21st in NYC, as Jennifer Brown moderates a panel featuring New York Life, Moody’s Corporation, GMHC and Executive Director of The Center. As part of our ongoing diversity education effort, Jennifer will talk to women in both corporate and non-profit leadership positions about getting women out to participate in diversity initiatives. We would love to have a diverse audience that includes not only women or LGBT diversity leaders, but other ERG leaders as well. This issue is one that affects employee resource networks, no matter the affinity. With generational LGBT issues and bullying consistently in the news, we are sure to touch on some important points. All are welcome to join us!
We hope to see you there.
Where the ‘L’ Are the Women?
Date: Oct 21 6:00 Reception (refreshments and networking)
7:00 – 8:30 Panel and Q&A
8:30 – 9:00 After-Panel Networking
Location: The Center 208 West 13th Street NY, NY 10011
- Hear viewpoints from both non-profit and corporate leadership on the why and how of getting women out to participate.
- How are the non-profits working to attract women with their programming?
- What kind of support and activity are we losing out on if women don’t participate?
- The corporate world: how is the LGBT ERG (employee resource group) reaching out to women to get them involved and how can they be successful at doing so?
- Do women participate in some of the other ERGS (e.g. Latino, Asian, African American) and what can the LGBT ERG learn from them?
- What is the role of men to encourage women to participate: LGBT: men and women as allies
- This panel is sponsored by Mercer and hosted by The Center and Out & Equal.
More information after the jump.
• Glennda Testone, Executive Director, The Center
• Marjorie Hill, Chief Executive Officer, Gay Men’s Health Crisis (GMHC)
• Liz Zale, VP, Investor Relations and Executive Sponsor for LGBT and Allies Network, Moody’s Corporation
• Joan P. McKinnon, AVP, Talent Development, Founder, NYLPride, New York Life
Panel Moderated by Jennifer Brown, Jennifer Brown Consulting
Want more information?
Find this event on FSIX, Financial Services Industry Exchange.
Find more career events at The Center.
Read more about the Metro New York affiliate of Out & Equal: The mission of Out & Equal Metro New York is to support the work of LGBT Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), HR professionals, diversity specialists, and community allies to affect positive change for LGBT employees in their workplaces. The Council accomplishes this by conceptualizing, planning, organizing, and facilitating both large and small-scale programs, which provide local networking and educational opportunities on critical issues facing the LGBT workplace community. These events are generously hosted by local corporations. Jennifer Brown is Chair Emeritus of Metro New York Out & Equal.
Do you have a diversity event and need a panel moderator, a keynote speaker, or expert advice? Reach out to JBC today.